The "Publish it!" bookmarklet is a fantastic way to add your favorite content - from anywhere on the web - to your Paper.li. Here are a few tips to get you going.
How do I install the bookmarklet?
1. Click on the "Publish It!" button found in your paper settings / content. Click on it to expand it.
2. Drop and drag the Paper.li+ icon that is provided icon to your favorites bar.
3. The next time you are on a web page that has content of interest, click on the Paper.li+ icon and we'll show you a list of what we find on that page.
How to use it
The bookmarklet is great for adding content to a current edition of your Paper.li or adding a permanent content source (RSS feed) to your paper.
Add single content: an article, video or image from a site to a current edition
Add a source: if you like the source of the content that you have just added you can also add that source (RSS feed) as a permanent content source for future editions. We'll update the content for you anytime new content is available.
HOT TIP − add a search: The next time you conduct a search query on ( think Google, Google News, Twitter) for a topic and you like the results, use the "Publish it!" bookmarklet to add that query to your content stream. It's a really powerful way to pull in a great cross section of topical content into your papers.
How does it work?
Once you have found a page with content that you would like to ad, click on the Paper.li+ icon. A pop up will appear, and depending what we find on that page for you, we will provide options:
1. If we detect an article, tick the box next to the article title and we will add this to the Paper.li you select. It will be placed on your front page, in the headline articles section. You can reposition it from there.
2. If we detect an RSS feed for that site, you can select the box next to RSS and we will monitor this source for any updates and include them automatically to your Paper.li.
3. If we detect images, we will let you know how many we detect. To select images, click on the Pick Images button and we will place a blue Select box on every image on that page that we curate into your paper. They will show up in your image bar.
4. If we detect video on that page, the process is the same as the above and they will be presented in your video bar.
When you have finished your choice, go back to your paper and refresh the URL. Please do not use the "update paper now" button!
Please note: When you have disabled the "photo" or "video" section for your paper, but manually add photos or videos, the section will appear on the paper, but only on the current edition.
1. We are working to optimize Facebook public pages, as well as YouTube Channels. We have known issues with sites built on ajax and will work to improve this in the future.
2. The bookmarklet is not available on mobile devices.
3. It is not possible to add content via the bookmarklet from a Paper.li paper.