The "Publish it!" bookmarklet is a fantastic way to add your favorite content - from anywhere on the web - to the current edition of your Paper.li. Here are a few tips to get you going.
How do I install the bookmarklet?
1. Click on the "Publish It!" button found in your paper settings / content.
2. Drop and drag the Paper.li+ icon that is provided icon to your favorites bar (make sure the bar is visible in your browser).
3. The bookmarklet will now be shown in your favorites bar like that:
For Internet Explorer users who cannot Drag and Drop:
1. right click '+ Paper.li' link 2. Then from context menu select 'Add to Favorites...' 3. In 'Add a Favorite' dialog, select 'Favorties Bar' next to label 'Create in'
How does the bookmarklet work?
Once you have found a page with content that you would like to add, click on the Paper.li+ icon. A pop up will appear, and depending what we find on that page for you, we will provide options:
1. Add single content: If we detect an article, tick the box next to the article title and we will add this to the Paper.li you select. It will be placed on your front page, in the headline articles section. You can reposition it from there.
2. Add a source: If we detect an RSS feed for that site, you can select the box next to RSS and we will monitor this source for any updates and include them automatically to your Paper.li.
3. Add an image: If we detect images, we will let you know how many we detect. To select images:
click on the blue Pick Images button and we will place a blue Select box on every image on that page that we can curate into your paper
click on "Pick Image" you will find on the top left of each image found by the bookmarklet
and then your choice will show up in your image bar in the bookmarklet widget
4. Add a video: If we detect video on that page, the process is the same as the above and they will be presented in your video bar.
When you have finished your choice, go back to your paper and refresh the URL. Please do not use the "update paper now" button!
Please note: When you have disabled the "photo" or "video" section for your paper, but manually add photos or videos, the section will appear on the paper, but only on the current edition.
HOT TIP − add a search:The next time you conduct a search query on ( think Google, Google News, Twitter) for a topic and you like the results, use the "Publish it!" bookmarklet to add that query to your content stream. It's a really powerful way to pull in a great cross section of topical content into your papers.
1. We are working to optimize Facebook public pages, as well as YouTube Channels. We have known issues with sites built on ajax and will work to improve this in the future.
2. The bookmarklet is not available on mobile devices.
3. It is not possible to add content via the bookmarklet from a Paper.li paper.