Embed an email signup form on your blog or website. Visitors to your site can now subscribe to your paper.li newsletter directly without ever leaving your site! Promote your paper and newsletter on an outside website by adding a paper.li subscription widget.
This easy to customize email signup form lets your readers subscribe directly to your paper’s newsletter from your site. It’s quick, efficient and easy to use.
Create your subscription widget
1. From your Paper Settings Dashboard > Web Newspaper > Subscription box embed to view the overlay to customize your subscription widget.
2. Customize the subscription widget by clicking on the text fields and begin typing. Your changes will be automatically visible in the preview window.
To customize your background color and button color, you can either use our color picker or you can manually enter a code if you have it handy. We will automatically adjust the font from light to dark based on the background color you choose.
You'll be able to preview the result of your customizations before copying the code.
3. Paste the copied code into your site or blog! Voila!
Advanced tip: To find out how to show an image in the background of the widget, check out our advanced "how to" article which explains the modifications needed to have the same effect shown in the example site above.
If you would like to use the Subscription widget in a site that uses https protocol, you will simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the screen.
Paper.li News Page App (on a WIX site)
Using the Paper.li News Page App on your WIX site?
In this case, you will need to make two simple adjustments to the code before pasting it into the WIX HTML iframe :
1) WIX sites always use https protocol so before copying the code, be sure to tick the box at the bottom left of the customization form that says "Tick the box if your site is https". Then, copy the code given.
2) Include HTML and body tags. Your code in the Wix HTML widget should look like this:
~paste embed code from form here~
Last updated: Julia, June 5, 2018
Haven't taken the Pro plunge yet? Go PRO!