Once you have added the "Publish it" bookmarklet to your bookmark bar, you can use it to add content to the current online edition ( or offline draft) of your paper.li paper from anywhere on the web.Publishers of Pro papers can use the bookmarklet to add content to a Content Draft edition of their paper offline and publish when they're ready.
Adding images and videos to your current edition
See a video or an image you would like to add to your current online or offline draft ( Pro) paper? Click the "Publish it!" bookmarklet in your bookmark bar to select the image(s) or video(s) to the current online edition or offline draft ( Pro) of your paper.
Adding an RSS feed
If you have found a website that regularly publishes new articles that you would like to include in your paper, click the "Publish it!" bookmarklet to view whether the page offers an RSS feed. If you select the RSS feed to add to your paper, it is added as a permanent content source. Any time the webpage publishes a new article, it will be added to your paper.
How does it work?
Once you have found a page with content that you would like to add, click the bookmarklet. A pop up will appear, and depending what the bookmarklet detects on the page, we will provide options.
By default, the bookmarklet appears on the right side of your page. If you would like to move the screen to the left, click on the arrow in the title bar of the screen. Arrow will appear when you mouse over the title bar.
If we detect an article:
(1) tick the box next to the article title
(2) Select the Paper.li paper to which you would like to add the article in the drop down menu. If you have one paper only, the paper will already be selected. Remember that if you have enabled Manual Publishing ( Pro), you can add the article to your offline Draft paper, otherwise all found content is added to the current online paper.
(3) We assign a topic to the article based on our analysis of the article content. However, you may reassign the article to another topic based on the drop down menu, including the custom topic ( Pro) label you created.
(4) Click "add to paper". The article will be placed on your front page, in the headline articles section. You can reposition it from there.
If we detect images
(1) Click button on the bookmarklet.
(2) Going back to webpage itself, select the images you would like to add. For each image we detect, you will see a small blue rectangle on the top left corner of the image which says .
(3) Once the image(s) are selected, the photo(s) are marked: .
(4) In the drop down menu, click the paper to which you wish to add the image. If you have only one paper, the paper is already selected.
(5) Click green "add to paper" button on the bottom of the bookmarklet window.
If we detect an RSS feed
(1) Tick the box next to the RSS feed option on the bookmarklet
(2) Select the Paper.li paper to which you would like to add the article in the dropdown menu. If you have only one paper, the paper is already selected.
(3) Click "add to paper". The RSS feed will be placed in your content sources for the current edition and future editions. We will monitor this source for any updates and include them automatically to your Paper.li.
If we detect a video
If we detect a video, the bookmarklet gives you the option to add the video to your paper. (See below for example of a video detected on a page.) Note that depending on the share settings of the video, not all embedded videos on a page can be picked up by the bookmarklet.
The video will be found in the Videos section of your paper.
Find out more information about using the bookmarklet with a Content Draft!
Haven't taken the Pro plunge yet? Go PRO!
Updated: August 2 2017 Julia