Animate your paper with a Twitter widget
Create a more dynamic paper by embedding a Twitter widget directly onto your newspaper's main page.
Twitter's Widgets Configurator allows you to embed:
- User Timeline: Display public Tweets from any user on Twitter.
- Favorites: Show all Tweets a specific user has marked as favorites.
- List: Show Tweets from public lists that you own and/or subscribe to.
- Search: Display customized search results in real time (perfect for live events, conferences, brands, etc.).
To get started, sign into twitter, go to the Widgets Configurator.
- Click Create new.
- Choose the type of embedded timeline you’d like (described above) and start to configure the widget.
- For User Timeline, enter the username of the user whose Tweets you want to display.
- For Favorites, enter the username of the user whose favorites you want to display.
- For List, select a public list that you own and/or subscribe to in the drop-down menu.
- For Search, enter your search query (for advanced searches, use Twitter’s search operators).
- Make sure to select Safe mode if you want to exclude sensitive content, profanity, etc.
- Customize the design by specifying the height, theme (light or dark), and link color to match your website. You can also configure your embedded timeline to auto-expand Tweets containing media.
- Click Create widget
After creating your widget on twitter, copy the code and paste the code into your paper settings.
From your Paper Settings Dashboard, click Web Newspaper > Layout & appearance > Layout widgets > Twitter widget.
Want more add-ons? Read your own paper's headlines in your favorite RSS reader and offer your readers an RSS feed for the entire paper or just a topic area ! Learn more about what you can do with our knock-out $9/month Pro Plan. Go PRO!
Last Updated: Julia Yaziji November 1, 2016