Create a more dynamic paper by embedding a Twitter widget directly onto your newspaper's main page. This option is available to publishers of PRO papers.
Twitter's Widgets Configurator allows you to embed:
- User Timeline: Display public Tweets from any user on Twitter.
- Favorites: Show all Tweets a specific user has marked as favorites.
- List: Show Tweets from public lists that you own and/or subscribe to.
- Search: Display customized search results in real time (perfect for live events, conferences, brands, etc.).
To get started, sign into twitter, go to the Widgets Configurator.
- Click Create new.
- Choose the type of embedded timeline you’d like (described above) and start to configure the widget.
- For User Timeline, enter the username of the user whose Tweets you want to display.
- For Favorites, enter the username of the user whose favorites you want to display.
- For List, select a public list that you own and/or subscribe to in the drop-down menu.
- For Search, enter your search query (for advanced searches, use Twitter’s search operators).
- Make sure to select Safe mode if you want to exclude sensitive content, profanity, etc.
- Customize the design by specifying the height, theme (light or dark), and link color to match your website. You can also configure your embedded timeline to auto-expand Tweets containing media.
- Click Create widget
After creating your widget on twitter, copy the code and paste the code into your paper settings.
From your Paper Settings Dashboard, click Web Newspaper > Layout & appearance > Layout widgets > Twitter widget.
Special note for publishers using the Paper.li News Page App (on a WIX site)
Using the Paper.li News Page App on your WIX site? All layout and color controls are found by accessing your WIX page settings. Click anywhere on the body of your Newspaper to see Settings button, shown below. From there, you can edit the text color, choose a font, and choose a general color scheme. WIX does not allow for embedding a Twitter widget to your Newspaper.
Want more add-ons? Read your own paper's headlines in your favorite RSS reader and offer your readers an RSS feed for the entire paper or just a topic area ! Learn more about what you can do with our knock-out Pro Plan. Go PRO!
Last Updated: Julia Yaziji May 23, 2018