Editing your content has never been easier! It's simple to delete an article, blacklist (a news spotter or site), reposition articles, and (if using the classic layout with a topic menu) reassign the articles to another topic section.
On your marks, get set....edit your paper!
To begin, be sure you are signed into your paper in order to have access to your publisher's editing buttons.
For a paper using the classic layout:
- to edit your paper, you must first click the edit button on the top right of your paper.
- once in edit mode, you will notice editing icons on the bottom left of articles, videos and photos.
- use the editing icons (bottom right of article) to move, delete or blacklist the news sharer or website
- When done with editing, to exit edit mode, click the red edit button or
Key to the symbols
Move article out of headlines back to a topic section
Move article up to headlines
Click to drag/drop image into another position
Delete the article
Click to access controls to blacklist person or website.
For a paper using the modern layout:
- there is no edit button with the modern layout because you are already in edit mode.
- Hover over the article, video or image and on the right, you'll find controls on the right that will allow you to drag/drop, delete or blacklist a contributor or website.
If you are working on an open draft, you are already in "Edit mode" so there's no Edit button to click.
Delete or blacklist content with one click!
Deleting and blacklisting have never been easier!
Zap it with the x! Delete article for that edition only!
Blacklist the news spotter who shared the news! Blacklisting the news spotter will prevent us from fetching any further content from that user for the current and future editions of your paper.
Blacklist the news source itself! Blacklisting the news source itself will block a URL from appearing on current and future editions of your paper. This button is not found for videos.
Reposition your content using the classic layout:
Once in "Edit mode", you have two easy ways to reposition content on your Paper.li:
* Drag and Drop Whenever you see the drag-and-drop icon in the top left corner of an article, you can drag the article to another position, either within that section or to another section (on the front page). To drag an article, video or photo into another position, move your pointer to the drag and drop icon, and click and drag the article, video or photo to the desired position.
Front page view
You can drag and drop articles to reposition them within topics or the headline section or from one topic section to another on the front page.
However, videos and photos may not be moved outside of their sections. It is also not possible to move an article to a trending hashtag section, since trending hashtags represent a calculated result.
If you are viewing the articles from a topic view, you may reposition the articles within that topic by dragging and dropping them to their desired position. (You may also reassign the article to a new topic using the drop down menu for the topic. See below.)
Headline articles will be listed first when viewing the articles in topic view. These Headline articles can not be repositioned. Headline repositioning must be done on the home page.
All Articles view
If viewing your articles from the All articles view, you can also move your articles around and prioritize them as you wish (or reassign them to a new topic section using the drop down menu for the topic. See below.)
Headline articles will be listed first when viewing articles in All articles view. Just as with the Topic view, headline articles can not be repositioned. Headline repositioning must be done on the home page.
* Promote (and demote) to/from Headlines Articles have an up and/ordown arrow , depending on their position. The arrows can be used to quickly move an article you find to-and-from the Headline section of your paper.
Using the up arrow moves the article to the Featured Article (first article) within the Headline section. Once the article has been promoted to the Featured Article, you can use the drag and drop method to reposition the articles as you wish within the headline section.
Using the down arrow removes the article from the headline section and places it back in the topic section from where it came.
Topic and All articles view
The up arrow will be found on any article (except for articles already in the headline section). You won't see the down arrow if viewing articles on the topic view or All articles view because you can only remove an article from the headline section while viewing the front page.
Reassign articles to another topic
All done? Don't forget to exit edit mode by clicking on .
Oops! Have you accidentally blacklisted someone or a site -or- maybe you have changed your mind? You can lift the block at any time by deleting the blacklisted person or site. To view and edit the sites or people you have blacklisted, go to your Paper Settings Dashboard, click Content, scroll down and select Blacklisted people or Blacklisted websites.
Read next: Are you missing your Edit button?
Last update: Julia Yaziji March 4, 2016