Establish your social media presence
By adding your main social network and blog icons to your editor's box, your customers and community can learn more about who you are and the content you're sharing across multiple social media sites, your blog and your company website.
If you have a Pro subscription, your default social network icons presented in the editor's box of your paper can be edited and additional links to an outside site can be added by visiting the Publisher Profile tab of your Account Settings.
Social Media links shown on classic layout paper
Social Media links shown on modern layout paper
Default Social Network icons in editor's box
If you have signed on to Twitter or Facebook when creating your publisher account, the corresponding social network icons will be added by default to your editor's box.
However, with a Pro subscription, you can hide and/or show additional social media icons and links, regardless of what social network you use to sign on to your account.
For example, when you created your publisher account, if you sign in with Facebook, you are using an individual account to sign in and by default, the Facebook link shown on your paper will point to your individual facebook account.
If you have a Pro subscription, and you prefer to show your Facebook business page rather than your Facebook individual profile, you can deselect your individual profile icon from the settings and add your business page URL instead. Read on for the how to...
Editing your Social Network icons and links
1. Sign into the paper.li by clicking on the "Sign in" button, top right.
2. Once logged in, choose Main menu icon (top left):
Classic Design Main Menu icon
Modern Design Layout Main Menu icon
3. Click Account Settings in the left sidebar menu.
4. Then choose Publisher Profile.
5. Scroll down to the section called Social Network icons and links.
From there you can either de-select, select, or add additional links.
Adding an image to a link
When adding links to your profile on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, G+, Pinterest, Tumblr, Youtube, Instagram, or flckr the default icon for that service will be added automatically.
If you link to a website (your company page or blog for example) or another social media service that does not automatically show a default image, you can add your own image.
Click on Upload image next to the link to add an image. Recommended size for images showing in editor's box is 50 by 50 pixels.
The resulting image will then show in your Editor's box.
Custom image for outside website shown on classic layout paper
Custom image for outside website shown on modern layout paper
- De-selecting an account that is used to sign on hides the icon but does not disable signon using that account.
- There is a maximum of five links or icons shown at any time on a publisher account.
- Changes made to your publisher settings applies to all papers you publish under that account, even if they're not Pro papers.
- If you downgrade all Pro subscriptions under a publisher account, the icons shown on all papers under that account will return to the defaults.
- Recommended size for uploaded images is 50 x 50 pixels.
Haven't taken the Pro plunge yet for $9 USD/month? Go PRO!
Last updated: Julia, June 16 2016