The "Publish it!" bookmarklet is a great way to add your favorite content - from anywhere on the web - to your Paper.li paper. Once the bookmarklet is added to your bookmarks bar, you can add images, videos or an article. But first, you need to install the bookmarklet on the bookmarks bar of your browser.
If you are using Microsoft Edge as your browser, unfortunately you will not be able to install our bookmarklet (or any bookmarklet). Please see more here.
Install the "Publish it!" bookmarklet
1. Check that your bookmarks bar* is showing in your browser. If not, go to your browser menu under View and click the option to show bookmarks or favorites bar.
2. Then, navigate to your paper's front page while logged-in to your publisher account, and start an editing session by clicking the button at the top-right.
3. Once in editing mode, hover your mouse over the button that will appear at the bottom-right of your paper's front page.
4. Then, select "Add article by URL" from the menu that appears.
This will activate a settings menu where the icon can be found.
Click-hold and drag this icon up to your bookmarks bar to install the Publish It! Bookmarklet tool.
(Note, if you are using Safari v. 11, some users have reported that they are not able to drag the button to their bookmarks bar. We have reported the issue to Safari, but in the meantime, please see this article for a workaround.)
Boom! Done! The next time you are on a web page that has content of interest (video, images or an article), click on the +Paper.li bookmarklet you added to your bookmarks bar and we'll show you a list of what we find on that page.
* A bookmarks bar is the bar shown under the navigation bar which holds your most frequently used bookmarks.