Once you have added the +Paper.li bookmarklet to your bookmark bar, you can use it to add content to the current online edition (or offline draft) of your Paper.li paper from anywhere on the web.Publishers of Pro papers can use the bookmarklet to add content to a Content Draft edition of their paper offline and publish when they're ready.
Adding images and videos to your current edition
See a video or an image you would like to add to your current online or offline draft ( Pro) paper? Click the bookmarklet in your bookmarks bar to select the image(s) or video(s) content.
Adding an RSS feed
If you have found a website that regularly publishes new articles that you would like to include in your paper, click the +Paper.li bookmarklet to view whether the page offers an RSS feed. If you select the RSS feed to add to your paper, it is added as a permanent content source. Any time the webpage publishes a new article, it will be added to your paper.
How does it work?
Once you have found a page with content that you would like to add, click the bookmarklet. A pop up will appear, and depending on what the bookmarklet detects on the page, we will provide options.
If we detect an article:
(1) Select the Paper.li paper to which you would like to add the article in the drop down menu. If you have one paper only, the paper will already be selected. Remember that if you have enabled Manual Publishing ( Pro), you can add the article to your offline Draft paper, otherwise all found content is added to the current online paper.
(2) Make sure the box is ticked, next to the article found, to prepare it to be added to your paper.
(3) If you would like to customize the title, or description text that our system fetches automatically, you can do so, simply by clicking on the text for either the title, or the article description, to change it!
Note: there is a 130 character limit on the title
You can even change the image displayed for the article! To do so, simply hover your mouse over the default article image and "+Replace image" will appear:
Then click on "+Replace image," and a menu will appear that gives you the options to:
- "Pick image from page," if there are other images found for/inside that article
- "Add your image," which will allow you to upload your own image or add from an external site
- "Remove" which will then add the article to your paper without including an article image
(4) If your paper is either using the Legacy/Classic layout, or Flex Layout with Topic Sections enabled, we assign a topic to the article based on our analysis of the article content. However, you may reassign the article to another topic based on the drop down menu near the bottom of the tool window.
(5) Once you've selected your paper, selected the article, and customized the display of the article as you wish, click the "Add to paper" button at the bottom of the tool window. The article will be placed on your front page, in your paper's headlines. You can then, re-position the article, if you like, by editing the paper edition.
If we detect images
(1) Click the "pick images" link/button toward the bottom of the bookmarklet window.
(2) Going back to webpage itself, select the images you would like to add. For each image we detect, you will see a small blue rectangle on the top left corner of the image which says .
(3) Once the image(s) are selected, the photo(s) are marked: .
(4) Back in the bookmarklet menu window, you will then see an indicator that the image(s) have been selected for inclusion into your paper.
(5) Once you're done selecting additional images, and you click "Add to paper," those images will appear in your paper's Photos section.
If we detect an RSS feed
Tick the box next to the RSS feed option toward the bottom of the bookmarklet menu window.
When you click, "Add to paper," the RSS feed will be placed in your content sources for the current edition and future editions. We will monitor this source for any updates and include them automatically to your Paper.li.
If we detect a video
If we detect a video, the bookmarklet gives you the option to add the video to your paper. (See below for example of a video detected on a page.) Note that depending on the share settings of the video, not all embedded videos on a page can be picked up by the bookmarklet.
The video will be found in the Videos section of your paper.