Once you have fine-tuned your Paper.li, it's time to promote your Paper.li!
Here's a overview of how you (or your readers) can share your Paper.li with friends, fans and other like minded people.
Promote using automated promo-posts, promo-tweets
Publishers can activate automated posts directly to their Twitter accounts every time the paper is updated. You can also customize the post, add hashtag(s), and for twitter, include (or exclude) mentions.
Pro publishers can choose to promote on their own timelines and also to their Facebook or LinkedIn timelines or any page they manage.
Promote to your Paper.li subscribers using email notifications
Subscribers are sent an email notification each time the paper automatically updates. *
Pro publishers can choose between three different flavors of email notifications to share their paper: a simple alert sharing only the featured article, an email that includes the headlines, or the full first page of their paper. In addition, for Pro papers, all three email notification types are fully customizable! Add your own personalized message, customize the subject line, add a "from email alias" to replace firstname.lastname@example.org and add your paper banner.
Pro publishers who maintain their own mailing lists outside of paper.li can send out any of our three email notification types using a third party service. Pro publishers can export, then copy/ paste the HTML code into any third party mail service. Add your own message, ask the reader to subscribe or include a call to action.
* For editions that have been manually updated with the "Fetch New Content" button, no Email Notifications or Promo-posts are sent. Pro publishers also have the option to enable Manual Promotion.
Invite your friends and colleagues to subscribe
Trying to build your paper's subscriber list? Pro publishers can send their email contacts an invitation to subscribe to their paper with a few clicks of the mouse.
Newsletter Settings > Options > Attract Subscribers
Promote by embedding your paper in your website or blog
Pro Publishers can supercharge their blog or website by embedding their Paper.li paper on their blog or site. Treat readers to freshly curated news, using one of our customizable widgets or an iframe.
Choose from one of three different embeds to supercharge your blog or website:
Arrow @ top-right of your paper's front page. Select, "Widgets."
Then choose between our Content, Webpage, or Newsletter widgets!
As a Pro Subscriber, you have access to the following:
- Content Widget provides you with options to share content from your paper, onto your external site.
- Webpage Widget gives you code to embed a full, live copy of your paper, onto your website.
- Newsletter Widget allows you to install a subscription widget on your outside website so that readers can subscribe directly to your newsletter quickly and efficiently.
Social sharing buttons
We've made it simple for your readers to share your paper at any time on social media, email, buffer and many other services, using the share bar on the left hand side of your paper. With one click you or your readers can share your paper on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Buffer
Promote a single article
Every article, photo and video on the current edition of your paper can be shared by your readers or by you on your preferred social channel.
You have the option to promote on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Buffer or email when you click on the "share icon"found on each article, photo or video.
Promote, but promote with care!
So now you have the tools necessary to help you promote your content make sure your content is worthy of promotion! Here's an article on the dangers of auto-promoting.
The sad truth is that you can never make a second first impression. Make sure the content you are posting is the best content for you and your community.
Here are a few tips that can help:
- Take a look at your paper daily and dispose of any news that’s not relevant or on topic.
- Customize your promotional messages! We love the " Daily is out!" but your community may not.
- Add a @ or a # in the title of your tweet or post. It will help your paper surface in searches
- Don't post the same message across all channels; mix it up!
- Check your stats. If you aren't seeing an increase in views or subscriptions, ask your followers what they think